Monday, June 1, 2015

Filling the lesson gap: 30 days of yoga

I started a new job and am not able to get to that 5:30-on-a-Friday lesson anymore. I was never before able to find weekend lessons with that (or any) barn, but just this evening something must have changed, because the online appointment schedule for my barn had a couple 1-hour beginner lesson slots open on Saturday. I'm not sure if summer freed it up, or it's a new instructor (I didn't recognize the name) or what, but I'm praying my request is accepted. The level of desperation is pretty high for me right now. Did I mention that this is a 1-hour private lesson? I'm not going to type, even on this semi-anonymous blog, what that sort of thing goes for in our beautiful Boston suburbs. But then, I gave up my more flexible, lower paying job for a more time consuming, higher paying job, so I'll be damned if I'm going to let an extra $20 get in the way of my riding.

During the 3 weeks of zero riding I seem to be stuck in, I started doing the 30 Day Yoga Challenge. I'm on Day 17! Ok, I may have missed a couple days here and there, squeezed two videos in a row in an attempt to catch up...In any case, I'm hoping it will help with my back, which has been finicky. I also figure it's good cross training while I'm out of the saddle.

2 comments:

  1. congratulations on the new higher paying job; hooray for a weekend lesson timeslot; awesome on the private (you'll be surprised how fast things progress with all focus on your every move and position...); amazing on you for picking up a yoga challenge to prepare you for getting back into riding!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, thank you!! Exciting times! It's good to know when I get on a horse for the first time in a long time, my back will be a little more nimble.

    ReplyDelete