Monday, September 30, 2019

Sticking The Landing (gymnastics part 2)

Continuing with the gymnastics work in the lesson this weekend, I started with the usual issue of not having enough impulsion over the very low jumps. The horse I ride maxes out around 3 ft (especially as he's getting older), but doesn't care to jump over cross rails. He perks up when he sees a gymnastic of verticals, but that's usually a few go's in, anyways.

After we had done the gymnastic pretty well, we had to work on straightness going out of it. Of course, I was so focused on what was going on in the gymnastic, I allowed the horse to get in the habit of turning immediately after. This is an old problem that haunts me when I'm focusing on the jumps. In our next lesson, we're going to work on 10 meter circles to become more intentional in all of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment